View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 03:56 PM   #53
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Finally received the schedule. We practice Tue, Thursday of this week, and then Saturday we have the official weigh in at 9:45, then scrimmage the Hawkeyes from 11:30-12:00 in front of the world. We are then going to go over to our field and scrimmage the Hawkeyes from 12:30-2:30pm.

This is good, as both teams want to spend some time working full teams against another one. The funny thing is; we just received the scehdule for the season. We play the same Hawkeye team in game one. Well, I guess we will know each other pretty well by the 27th. Just one of those weird things. We had 16 other teams, and we draw the Hawkeyes for the scrimmage and first game.

Date Place Time Home Away

Sat 09/27/08 Field 1 4:45 PM Hawkeyes
Sat 10/04/08 Stadium 12:30 P Yellow Jackets
Sat 10/11/08 Field 2 3:30 PM Broncos
Sat 10/18/08 Field 1 3:30 PM Panthers
Sat 10/25/08 Field 1 6:00 PM Colts
Sat 11/01/08 Stadium 10:00 A Killer Frogs
Sat 11/08/08 Field 1 3:30 PM Saints
Sat 11/15/08 Field 2 4:45 PM Chargers

Pre-season scouting report:

Game 1: Hawkeyes - we scrimmage them a week before we play them for almost 3 hours. I wonder if I can run the same offensive play over and over. If it looks like we are having a hard time with this team in the scrimmage, I am going to run every play to get reps in. If it looks like we are better than them by a long shot, I may only run 6 or so plays and save my others. Early indications are we are much better, but who knows.

Game 2: Yellow Jackets - The odds on favorites to win the entire thing. In the coaches poll, they were ranked #1. We were ranked #7 out of 18 teams. The head coach and his staff are very good and always prepared and have the best QB in the league. Rumors are they are running the spread offense and kicking field goals, which would blow everyone's mind. Hopefully I can scout them with my DVD, and I bet I put in 40 hours in film study of this team before we play them.

Game 3: Broncos - The hated Broncos. I don't like the coach, and he has Alexander. They are considered a lower level team (because of the coach and his ineptness). I expect to win this game.

Game 4: Panthers - The mystery team. Now, this is the team that had the Top Gun coaches who looked roided up and couldn't stop looking at each other longingly during the tryouts. But during the draft, the coach made some bizarre choices early on that made me think he was an idiot. I think we destroy this team or are destroyed, no middle ground.

Game 5: Colts - I didn't get a chance to play this team last season, but he brought 6 players back from his squad. The coach seems a little unfocused to me, but when he saw the single wing last season he loudly proclaimed if we "tried that shit on him, he would whip our ass." He gets his wish this season.

Game 6: Killer Frogs - We beat this team 14-6 in game one last season. They are looking for payback. The coach kept 6 players who look pretty good. This team is ranked #3 in the coaches poll. We should have our hands full.

Game 7: Saints - We lost the last game of the regular season last year to this team in triple overtime. It was a war. The Saints coach is smart and has the equal of Jack in a kid named Atmore. I expect this game to be a defensive war.

Game 8: Chargers - If l lose to this team, I hope the ghost of Lombardi haunts me forever. The coach tried during the draft to pick 9 players in a row that had already been drafted. How can I lose to this guy??

So, in just speculative theory, we have 4-5 games I think we should win just on coaching alone. The other 3-4 are going to test us all that we want.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand

Last edited by Senator : 09-15-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote