View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #65
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Well boys, I would love not to have to report this, but a dynasty thread should be truthful and honest or what is the point?

We played a team today in the kickoff classic scrimmage that really does not have much going for it. They whipped us. They got outside of our supposed select level corner and ran to the house twice. Our center direct snap failed 12 out of 17 plays. Which means, those 12 plays were bust, where we just jumped on the ball. We scored once, a methodical march on the 5 good plays, but they were a better team. And they should be a .500 squad.

We went back to our field afterwards and scrimmaged. The boys were hungry and tired and it was a hour and a half of attrition basically. Big Jack got racked in the first scrimmage, and then he twisted his ankle in the second. We pin so much on his play that when he is out, we have little in reserve. Speaking of reserves; ours are really green and really small, and really scared of what they got themselves into.

Now, it is typical for first time players to be shell shocked playing in front of everyone against another team, and we have 10 newbies. But, I was able to watch some of the other teams we play, and I am being sincerely honest when I say, based on what I saw, we are 1-2 win team. Now, true I didn't pick a true player I wanted until the 5th round, but that is hole I dug, and I have to live with it.

So, for those following along, we face this same team next Saturday. You might be following a train wreck, but I won't make excuses. I am going to give these kids my best effort, and take my whippings like a man.

I know that we are the defending champions, even though I only have 3 players from that team, but I could see the happy grins on the other coaches faces when they saw I had little to show them today. I guess I would have been the same way.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand

Last edited by Senator : 09-20-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote