Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

September 21, 2008
Week 1 - Must Haves for Success

GOALS
A. GOOD SNAP
B. STOP THE SWEEP

OFFENSE

1. The Snap – We had 12 of 17 plays result in fumbled snaps where we could not run a play. The snap will be resolved this week. I am taking Reegan and Richard and spending all the time I need to get them ready. As of now, Reegan starts.

2. Running backs ready positions - Almost all of the backs had their knees rarely bent and the knuckles were not touching the ground. Fix this.

3. Left side of line – If the snap is at correct velocity and position, never a problem, unless backs are not running hard enough. Determine good snap, quick backs off the ball, and if the problem still exists, run adjustment play called CROSS, using the FB as a blocker on left side.

4. #4 wing back – Garett walked to line of scrimmage, lined up in wrong positions, held almost every play, and ran through wrong hole on reverse. #1 have honest talk with him, #2 replace with Thomas.

5. Tight Ends – Austin needs to hold block on left side, and Ryan needs to block someone and get out of the way, never stand around. BLOCK until whistle blows.

6. Consider adding 2 more outside plays to playbook.

DEFENSE

1. #20 fastest kid in the entire combine with a 5.80 forty. Second place was almost 6.0. He burned us on the corners. The Hawkeye coaches feel they could have done that all game, so we will have to spend our time here working on stopping the sweep.

2. Our safeties and corners sucked in and did not play their positions. This was at all three positions. Teach them better this week.

3. Linebackers need a second look – best personnel? Review

4. Defensive ends – Big part of stopping the sweep

5. Jack – Harness his enthusiasm – play smarter
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote