View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 10:18 PM   #615
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Tue. July 22, 2025

Preseason Friendly
Dover vs. Borussia Dortmund (German First Division)
Crabble Athletic Ground, Dover, UK

We welcome the 2023 Champions League runners up and last year’s German champion Dortmund, one of the larger clubs in the world.

I go with a very strong lineup today - most of our players are fully fit but some, like Paul Moses and Jose, are still a bit away.

Dover: 4-4-2 Control
GK - I. Wilke
D - Renato Gaucho, C. Contreras, R. Hamon, S. Loucif
M - M. Pedersen, B. Raab, Jose, G. Bolis
S - P. Moses, Chiquinho

Dover 2 - 0 Dortmund
Goals - Rayane Hamon (7.8), Benedikt Raab (8.4)
Assists - Paul Moses (6.9)
Man of the Match - Julio Cesar Cejas (Dortmund GK - 9.1)
Other Dover Notables - Ingo Wilke (7.4), Salim Loucif (7.2), Claudio Contreras (7.4), Renato Gaucho (7.3), Mads Pedersen (7.2)
Attendance - 23,000 (Sell-Out)

We scored inside the second minute and added our second in the 11th minute and cruised from there. The Dortmund keeper was sensational in a man of the match performance, as we outshot them 27-13 (11-4 on target).

Transfer OUT

-- We only had one suitor but I ended up getting a decent haul for midfielder Graham Allan, closing off a £7,500,000 transfer deal with Everton. Allan was going to be a very expensive third stringer after the acquisition of Sergio De la Vega and it only made sense to explore the market on this fine player. We brought Allan in from Blackburn for the same price we would eventually sell him at - he came here in July 2022 and played three full seasons for us, mostly as a main backup to fellow winger Gianluca Bolis but he did get plenty of starting opportunities as well. He had great speed and versatility, with the ability to play both wings and striker as well. In all, he’d appear in 118 matches for us, starting 68 of them, scoring 19 goals and adding 25 assists. We’ll miss him but I strongly believe we upgraded with the De la Vega pickup.

Dover Reserves Update

-- In a rare reserves friendly, we defeat Eastbourne Boro’s main squad 6-1. Fernando Estrada bagged a brace and we got singles from Rodolfo Lopez, Jonathan Langlet, Marcus Sowter and Luis Miguel Garcia, as we go with a very young squad filled with U18’ers.

Next Up

-- We continue our preseason schedule with a home matchup against Championship side Watford.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote