View Single Post
Old 01-19-2015, 10:05 PM   #617
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Tue. July 29, 2025

Preseason Friendly
Nottingham Forest vs. Dover
The City Ground, Nottingham, UK

Forest, like our last opponent Watford, have spent this entire dynasty in the Championship, mostly as a mid-table side. Their top finish during the last fifteen years was a fifth place finish in 2020/21.

We’ll start a relatively weak side today but Paul Moses and Sergio De la Vega are in. I’m also starting new midfielder Juan Jose Culebras for the first time.

Dover: 4-4-2 Control
GK - P. Jung
D - R. Kramer, D. Hope, A. Torres, D. Beckett
M - J. Langlet, J. Culebras, P. Secchi, S. De la Vega
S - P. Moses, F. Estrada

Nottingham Forest 2 - 4 Dover
Goals - Paul Moses (8.2), Sergio De la Vega (7.6), Rodolfo Lopez (7.4), Neil Evans (7.3)
Assists - Ralf Kramer (7.3), Paolo Secchi (7.0), Manuel Lugo (6.9)
Man of the Match - Robin Ridley (Nottingham Forest MC - 8.6)
Other Dover Notables -
Attendance - 21,987

Not a great performance, as Forest actually dominate possession with 59% but we outshoot them 19-14 (7-5 on target). We did start a whole bunch of U18’ers but still, not good enough and I tell the players as much in the room after the game. New fullback Lopez already has two goals in the preseason and he has enough versatility to play at right midfield, which may come in handy this year.

August Update

-- We hit August and we have one friendly left against Barcelona here at home before starting the season in the Community Shield against Man United. We also have three Premier League games this month: Tottenham (away), Aston Villa (home) and Southampton (away).

-- Our training report shows that we get good camp performances from Eneko Remirez, Manuel Lugo, Adrian Torres and youth player Matthew Neil. Another negative report comes in for Paul Moses - not a good sign.

August Board Update

-- The board are very pleased with my overall leadership, with our stature increase the main positive and the departure of Hans Briers still bugs them. Get over it guys - he never played a game for us!

-- They should be more upset about the fact that we record a loss of £36.53 million in July! Yikes.

Transfer Update

-- Those motherfu*k*rs at Manchester United have two injured goalkeepers so they once again come to Dover looking to steal our players. They meet star goalkeeper Manuel Perez’s minimum release clause and actually exceed it, offering us £27.5 million and it’s auto accepted. There goes our star goalkeeper of the future unless he decides to stay with us. I just recently extended his contract so he’s not interested in talking with us right now. I’m numb.

Next Up

-- We host world powerhouse Barcelona in a final preseason matchup at Crabble.

Last edited by NoSkillz : 01-19-2015 at 10:06 PM.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote