View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 11:10 AM   #18
revrew
Team Chaplain

Commissioner James Gordon: "With the fourth selection of the 2025 NFL Expansion Draft, the Des Moines Dragons select … Dale Griffin, linebacker, Tennessee Titans."

Mike Greenberg: "Someone get me the biographical information on Griffin. Is this our fourth Iowa player?"

Mike Mayock: "No, Griffin is from Vanderbilt."

Greenberg: "There it is! Our first player who didn't come out an Iowa school. Looks like Jack Ledger was starting with a trifecta of Iowans to pump up the crowd – and it worked marvelously, I should say – but we're moving on to the rest of the roster. Gentlemen, what can you tell us about linebacker Dale Griffin?"

Mayock: "This was a player I had on my watch list. Tennessee drafted Griffin in the fourth round last year, and his spent his rookie season backing up middle linebacker Gary Schulz. But Griffin looked solid in preseason action and practices, and I was a little surprised Tennessee left him available, but then, when you have to leave 15, there are going to be some quality players."

Todd McShay: "And these are the kind of players that you might expect the Dragons to target. Younger up-and-comers that will get more of a look on a new team than sitting on someone else's depth chart. I know several squads left older and pricey veterans on their unprotected list, but so far the Dragons aren't biting. Clearly Ledger is thinking long-term."

4. MLB Dale Griffin, 2, 46/67
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote