View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 09:46 AM   #28
revrew
Team Chaplain

Commissioner James Gordon: "And with the 40th and final selection of the 2025 NFL Expansion Draft, the Des Moines Dragons select … Ricardo Heuring, defensive end, Jacksonville."

Greenberg: "And Ricardo Heuring is from …"

Mike Mayock: "7th round rookie out of Iowa State University."

Todd McShay: "This is ridiculous! It's a farce! Jack Ledger and the Dragons hadn't selected a Jacksonville Jaguar all day, and when they finally do, it's a seventh round rookie who likely won't even make an NFL roster. There were quality veterans on Jacksonville's unprotected list!"

Adam Shefter: "What's even worse, Todd, is that many GMs caught on to the Dragons' Iowa-only scheme early. After their first player was taken, and they had the chance to protect more players, they specifically protected their players with Iowa roots. Everyone caught on, it seems, and it put the Dragons at a real, competitive disadvantage."

Greenberg: "Shefty begs an interesting question. The Dragons have built the core of their team around Iowa-based players. If we assume they do the same with free agents and undrafted players to continue building the team … how much of a handicap is that? What does kind of 'competitive disadvantage' will they have?"

McShay: "I'm going on record right now. If they don't bust out of this Iowa-only nonsense, if they try to build an entire team from one state … I predict they don't win a single game."

Greenberg: "Ouch!"

McShay: "It's not anything against the state of Iowa, which has produced many fine players. But not an entire squad. Not an NFL-caliber player at every position. Sure, the secondary looks ready to play on Day 1. But the defensive line, the running backs ... and where are they getting a pass rush from? You heard it here first: O-and-16."
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote