View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 03:07 PM   #6
hoopsguy
General Manager

A look at last years grade shows Recruiting as an A. This is very encouraging. I recall they landed a Top 10 RB - when I was at USC we had two maxed out guys at the position who were heading into their SO and JR seasons so I didn't pursue him hard.

The talent level is listed as "B".

I like the looks of the Defensive Coordinator a great deal. Ben Liddiard is 46 years old with 17 years in the business. UCLA recently picked him up from a successful Oklahoma St team. The Bruins were 18th in the nation in points allowed last season.

Special teams coach Randy Snow is serviceable.

Offensive Coordinator Gary Lawson is a problem I would like to fix. His offenses have performed pretty well in terms of points and rankings, but a look at his attributes doesn't show anything standing out. I suspect that our talent is showing up despite this guy. I need to decide quickly if he stays or goes.

Looking back at USC, it appears they hired an assistant from Tennessee to take over. Another cheap hire - hope that guy is in over his head as we will take any and all help catching up to those guys.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote