View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #62
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Apr 15 - RM: Alencon, Provence

Apr 22 – I put Marketplace for Alsace

I have never looked at the colonies, because I wanted to be surprised when I could go colonial. Now that I can, let’s take a looksee.

Portugal seems to control a massive amount of North America, but not a lot of coasts. France has a small colony started in the Maryland/Delaware area.

Castille is all over Central America, as well as lots of places in the Caribbean like Cuba. Portugal has many in the Caribbean as well. They also are in the Inca region, but I’m not sure how much.

Provence is building a coastal Brazilian colony while Savoy has a minor colony here as well.

France also seems to have a small colony in the Da Plata region.

England has some provinces on the coast south of Morocco and the Sahara. Also down here are Portugal and Castille. Portugal has colonies every so often as far down the coast as I can see. England has a few here and there too. Milan even has a colony on the Grain Coast.

I don’t want to turn this into the Race for Colonies Lorraine style, but I suspect the occasional colony would make sense. There is one and precisely one unclaimed province anywhere that is in my range – Sierra Leone. It has a huge native aggressiveness plus tropical. I’m not desperate. What I could do is artificially inflate my range.

One option is to take Quest for the New World. It gives me the ability to make a Conquistador or Explorer as well as extending my range by 50%. Another option is to make a Navigator advisor, but I don’t have the naval tradition to make it.

I need Quest. Or I could just wait for several naval tech increases.

I lose stability to move to Quest for the New World from Bureaucracy. I dispatch a pair of colonists to Antigua and St. Bartholomew

I order a Caravel in Nice

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote