View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 11:40 PM   #149
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

League #46 – Home vs Grimsby Town:

I begin balanced. All of my subs are people from last year that I know like Devlin, Bedford, Corbridge, and Roberts. Now the good thing for today is that Grimsby Town are playing the normal 4-4-2 that my team is designed to help answer. And we are at home too, in front of our peoples. That helps as well.

Vengeance!!!

Let’s do this!

Quiet first 10 minutes or so, but we’ve been pushing them. By 20 minutes, we’ve been in control, but not massively so, of the game. We have a nice counter attack by Grimsby that we push aside, and then we score off of the built up that follows in the 39th minute.

Logan to Ashby for goal. Nice. Now, we need to keep our early momentum going. This is very very early, and our foes are not someone I want to go to sleep on. I ease back to cautious as Grimsby Town push forward a little before the half. The stats have become more even, as they have around the same number of shots on target that we do.

Where we’ve been doing here is really dominating possession though. And they have been a foul-a-saurus on us, although no cards yet for them. They are trying to disrupt our momentum. But we are ahead, and I can safely try to lean on that to exploit them coming at us. I tell my lads that, of course, not to get complacent. They send in a sub at the half.

This may help:

Ashby feeds Heardman for goal in the 53rd. Nice. I will remain in a cautious state as, again, I would expect that Grimsby are too good, and have too much quality, not to still threaten us. Grimsby move forward, and have two strong offensive pushes we handle. At the 63rd?

Logan sinks a DFK. Their Hack-a-Poole tactics gave us a DRK almost at the box, and Logan made them pay. Good job! They have changed their formation. But again, I doubt this score holds. We are not going to win 3-0, not with how well the have been playing offensively. I send in my first sub – Roberts for Browne. Bedford for Blanchfield is next. It happens in the 82nd when they score off a corner. Again, I expected this. Now we need to hold. Corbridge for Davey. Can we hold them off? 4 minute of stoppage time. Three. Two. One. Time. We win 3-1, mom is Logan.

Good job!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote