View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 07:09 PM   #36
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hmmm...I figured that after I had taken half of Mutapa in War #1 and then allied with both Kilwa and Maravi each with 8k, each with a local vassal, and then just one ally for Mutapa that I was made. I did al of my first few goals, but then before 15 years passed, the big bad broke our alliance, and then took me out. Nasty. I thought that was hard!

And the preamble is that you cannot expand militarily without going through Kilwa. Remember my Athens dynasty where I allied with the Turks to get out from Byzantium? I was next to the Turks in Greece. There I was free to head to the adjacent Mediterranean Sea and hit anyone. In my Pskov Vassal of Muscovy dynasty after getting the Commonwealth, I went north and south into places like Novgorod and got enough land to survive in case they turned on me. Right? In my Sukhothai Dynasty I could go anywhere in South East Asia and i became a Tributary of Ming to prevent being attacked until i built up a large nation.

That cannot happen here. You have to expand militarily through the Kilwa coast. That's why this is hard, Kilwa are in their Golden Age. But hey, at least I died a free man.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote