View Single Post
Old 02-22-2023, 09:16 PM   #1014
Flasch186
Coordinator

The Mental Health Thread

Maybe not on brand for the thread but I’m so pissed:

LSS

My sons been slipping behind in school in two classes (English and history) as those classes take more effort for him than the others. Then he got in trouble for something kind of dumb today but alas trouble nonetheless. The Dean called and I talked loudly into the phone so Aiden could hear that the Dean and I were on the same page.

Then afterwards my wife suggested that we take his phone away from him until Monday and that we let him know that if he doesn’t bring his 79.44 up to a B minimum by the end of the quarter he’d lose it for longer.

So when we get home from practice my wife’s busy putting the girls to bed so she says that “you go do it, I’m just putting the girls to bed.”

So I do, and I’m emotive and somewhat loud in my son’s room. Trying to get a breakthrough off some sorts into that cranium of his. After about 15 minutes of it I’m wrapping it up and she walks in and says, “can you stop yelling?” (Fwiw we often disagree about what is telling and what is emotional). I started at her in disbelief that the 15 minutes of brick laying I just laid was kicked over (‘undercut&rsquo with just that and she says, “stop staring at me like that.”

So of course my son sees an ununited front and is now going to be pissed at me instead of seeing all of the choices and opportunities I laid out before him. I assume he’s going to continue to do the same bs in the two classes and I’ll be back at square one in 3 weeks.

Fml

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 02-22-2023 at 09:18 PM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote