View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 05:09 PM   #106
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Planning on running the first week tomorrow, so I'm using the time today to make a few more engine adjustments:
  • QB Scrambling decision-making timer is now based off the scramble tendency, instead of the QB skill. This makes scramblers really good at running, but not necessarily good at throwing. Just a differentiation in skill sets.
  • Major update to open field running. Runners should avoid free defenders a little better now and look a lot smoother in their running.
  • Made CB pass knockdowns a little more meaningful. Now it's not just coverage skills that matter. (help out slow elite-skill defenders)
  • Add a "Pass Confidence" system to the QB. Now great QB/WR combos will attempt to connect in smaller pass windows than normal ones. The basic idea is the QB 'trusts' the WR more and takes chances. Plus he'll throw into coverage if they have high confidence.

I think I fixed/updated the engine enough to have a really meaningful start to the season. I want to keep stats this season, so I'm really pushing to have the engine tightened up as much as possible.