View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 08:06 AM   #109
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Week 3:

Ugh, we got smoked. Urquhart even took one to the house on us.

This game exposed a couple things about the game engine, so I guess there's a silver lining. The Blues have dialed in on the plays that work for them, and they called those plays a LOT. The Blues probably called some form of a RB swing pass at least 80% of the time. Of those, at least 80% of them went for more than 10 yards. It was unstoppable.

As the game wore on, and I threw every defense I could think of at them, I started noticing that there's a problem with zone defense. It's small, but it's causing the swing pass to be nearly unbeatable. The defenders are not passing off players that run through their zone quickly enough. Most of the time, that leads to a CB/OLB who gets sucked inside a little too much and the swing pass has nothing but open field to look at. If you have a decent RB, you're going to turn that into 73 points.

That's something that can be fixed, though.

On to the leaders!
Passing: The Yellows Vanbuskirk falls to 4th! Our QB Phelan still leads with 1099 yds and 19 TD with the Blues Goldberg in 2nd with 979 yds and 17TD.
Rushing: League leader is the Reds Artis with 174 yds. Ok, that's not what we want. It looks like I'm going to have to spend some time working on the running game to make it a realistic option.
Receiving: Blues RB Bahr leads with 736 yds and 15 TD. The next closest receiver has 582 yds, so he could be running away with it.
Sacks: Urquhart is now leading the league with 9 sacks. Yeah, he got me last game.
Returns: Urquhart is tied with the Oranges Cornett with 5 return TDs.