View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 06:10 AM   #111
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

We're comin'!

We had a good one against the Cyans this week. They have incredible speed at WR, so it was a little bit of a shootout. Luckily for me, their QB isn't as good as mine, so there were a few overthrows in critical situations. Once, it led to an interception that we brought back for TD!

I was pretty happy with the updates to the engine overall, but it looks like the defense AI still needs an upgrade. It looks like the defense is working as I intended, but it's always a step behind. I added the decision making timer into defensive coverage because the passing game was nonexistent early on in development. The slight delay in reaction time for the defense helped get us out of that funk. However, now that the passing game has developed to this point, I'm not sure the timer is needed anymore. I'll have to play around with it and see what makes sense. It's not horrible the way it is right now, but it could be better.

I also noticed an issue with gravity that needed immediate attention. (long-form post on that coming) I got that sorted out, but it exposed a critical design issues that I need to wrestle with before release.

Now the leaders!
Passing: Greens Phelan is leading with 1222 yds, with the Blues Goldberg right behind with 1098. The Yellows Vanbuskirk has fallen to 6th, so he's probably out. Funny enough, the Purples Vanderpool is last among starters with 154 yds?
Rushing: My RB Walling leads with 199 yds with the Reds Artis 2nd with 186. This is still not right. The Reds have only rushed 39 times this season, so that looks like the problem. (4.7 yds avg) ...... oh crap, I just realized that a 4.7 yard run is not considered a "successful run" and would tell the coach not to run the play as often, which leads to less overall running. duh...
Receiving: Blues Bahr is dominating with 794 yds and 16 TD. Avocados make an appearance on the charts with Kibler taking 2nd with 642 yds! My top WR is 5th.
Sacks: Urquhart is dominating now with 18 sacks from the LB position. yikes! I bet they are blitzing every play now. That play was killing me.
Returns: Oranges Cornett (that superstar WR/CB I wanted) leads everyone with 10 KR/PR TDs. Urquhart has 8.
Kicking: Yellows are killing it with 12/19 on FGs. Fixing the gravity problem is really helping FG accuracy.