View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 10:13 AM   #894
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I guess that's what I am missing. Is it possible to 3d print a gun? yes.

It is also possible to cut and assemble one using metal working tools. And has been for decades yet it hasnt been a problem.

I guess its a different audience, more of the computer "gamer" kid crowd that will now have access as opposed to the "shop class" kid crowd. Is that the point of contention?

Please spell it out for me because I guess I am just to dense to read between the lines here.

What is the concern?

I think my concern is

1) Although 3D printing of guns/bullets is not a problem now
2) I can forsee where it will become a problem in the future (e.g. as technology gets better, as it becomes more mainstream etc.)
3) When this happens, there will be bad and good guys that could create guns that are not traceable, used for crime etc.
4) Therefore, start thinking about how to restrict access/creation of guns with 3D printers

If your question is how to do this ... I don't know but would assume better minds can come up with a good start.

Possibly, the lazy answer may be is let the more gun-control countries (e.g. EU countries) take the lead as I wouldn't be surprised if they have to deal with that issue earlier than us since we have so many readily available conventional weapons already.

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-26-2018 at 10:15 AM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote