View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 03:58 PM   #501
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-The debut on TBS gets a 1.48 rating. Our last show on our syndicated deal got a 0.56, so this was a huge move. I'm not exactly sure how this effects us positively, though I'm assuming more sponsorship money and a faster growth of popularity. Though I'll check the numbers at the end of the month.

-Kevin was very late for the last show. This is a regular problem for him, so he's suspended a week.

-Abdullah the Butcher won the annual New Japan IWGP League tournament (Hulk Hogan had won it last year)

-Ted Dibaise signed with the AWA - he now works for them, us, and All Japan.

-I've requested negotiations with Paul Ellering, with the hopes that he comes in to manage the Road Warriors.

-Buddy Roberts is once again exhausted after the last show. It's amazing that I've managed to avoid injuries with him. He wrestled 12 matches in May, including 5 in the last week! It's clear that Pacific Northwest and the AWA find him as much a reliable workhorse as I do.

-Road Warrior Hawk signs with New Japan, where he'll now work in addition to us and Mid-South. Hopefully that will accelerate his development.

-Bill Mercer wants about double his $1,105/show cost, so I cut off negotiations and will let his contract expire. Lance Russell will now handle 100% of the announcing duties. (With Lord Alfred Hayes and Marc Lowerence helping out on color commentary). I'll go with a three-man booth on all shows.

-Arturo Mendoza re-signs for 9 months at $1,500/show, a very modest raise from his prior deal of $1,325/show.

-Buddy Rose rejects negotiations with me, and he feels he's already stretched too thin between three companies (WWF, Portland, and SWCW). I had thought that since I was "at war" with SWCW, he'd leave them for me, but I guess it doesn't work like that.

Last edited by molson : 11-11-2007 at 04:02 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote