View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 09:09 PM   #522
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-I'm watching Smackdown right now and they're hyping the WCCW DVD - Michael Hayes made an appearance (though it wasn't nearly as cool as his promo with Edge a year or so ago). If I pick up the DVD in a next few weeks, I'll do a little review here.

-The TV show draws a 1.39 rating. That's down .02 from last week.

-Brian Adias has returned from his suspension.

-The WWF did some big-time spring cleaning, firing Chris Adams, Magnum TA, Tiger Chung Lee, Tito Santana, Tony Atlas, Don Kernodle, Billy Jack Haynes, Jose Luis Rivera, Jimmy Valiant, Jules Strongbow, Samula, SD Jones, Charlie Fulton, Eddie Gilbert, Salvatore Bellomo, and Frankie Williams. That's by far the biggest 1-day exodus of talent I've seen from one promotion - it's almost half of their roster, as they're left with 21 active wrestlers. I'm not aware of them having any financial problems, so I'd expect them to pick up a bunch of new talent shortly.

-OK, I'm told Mike Shaw (AKA Bastian Booger and Norman the Lunatic) is dating 80's diva Candi Divine. Disturbing.

-The dirt sheets are hyping the potential of Matt Bourne (currently wrestling for mid-south)

-I've re-signed Al Perez for 9 more months, Al gets a nice raise from $150/show to $425/show.

-Road Agent Bronco Lubich resigns, getting a raise from $875/show to $975/show

-Buddy Landell just started a (potentially) big angle for him - fortunately, that kind of leverage is outside the scope of the AI. So he resigns for a modest raise - $1,475/show to $1,575/show, and a $1,000 downside. Landell has been around for almost 9 months, and he hasn't really done all that much in terms of angles, but he's delivered OK matches here and there. He has 6 matches rated at least B- in that time. He's about to get the biggest push of his career.

-Roddy Piper and Bruno Sammartino are grumbling about their current roles (or non-roles, in the case of Piper). Piper is scheduled to return to WCCW at June Star Wars, hosting Piper's Pit with guest Gino Hernandez. Despite all my threats, I just can't seem to cut the guy loose. A Gino/Piper feud sounds like fun to me.

Last edited by molson : 12-07-2007 at 09:21 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote