View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 10:05 PM   #529
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Koko B. Ware, Arturo Mendoza, and Road Warrior Hawk are exhausted after the last show.

-Bruno Sammartino is grumbling about both his role, and his recent defeats. His comeback might not last too much longer.

-Buddy Roberts is also complaining, about his role as an Upper Midcarder - he wants to be pushed as a main eventer. I don't have room for him there unless I swap him with Michael Hayes, and I ain't doing that.

-Terry Gordy arrived late to the last show. He just gets a warning, I don't recall his lateness being an issue in the past.

-Adrian Adonis has officially been off-screen enough for his new gimmick to take effect. He'll debut that in the next week or two. Without mentioning it in the dynasty, I've tweaked a few other gimmicks recently after they were becoming stale. Kevin Von Erich, like Kerry is now a "Rebel" (which he showed off by losing it against Terry Gordy). King Kong Bundy is now an "Evil Giant", and Marc Lowerence is now a "Staff Member".

-Dick the Bruiser has officially announced his retirement. His last match was a loss to Sgt. Rene Goulet at an AWA show. He had been wrestling exclusively for AWA since we bought out his WWA about a year ago. He held 27 championships in his career, including the AWA and WWA Heavyweight Titles.

-The Original Shiek also retires. He hadn't wrestled for almost a year - his last match was last July, a loss to Dick Slater for Maple Leaf Wrestling.

-Central States Wrestling (based in St. Louis) has gone out of business. Their final Heavyweight Champion was Ted Oates, who had ended the 20-month reign of Manny Fernandez. Their final Tag Team Champions were Roger Kirby and Crusher Ayala, and the last TV champ was Roger Kirby.
Their demise leaves AWA as the only midwest-based promotion

-POWW, the midwest-based women's wrestling promotion also goes under, after only 5 months in business. The demise of CSW and POWW leaves AWA as the only surviving midwest promotion. There are 12 surviving US promotions in all.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote