View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 01:04 AM   #542
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Randy Savage surprises the wresting world by signing with the WWF - he had previously been considered too loyal to his father to leave ICW. I immediately request negotiations with Savage, to see if he's interested in extended his workload a little more. The WWF also continued their roster shake-up, firing longtime employee Tony Garea.

-I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but I had negotiated something of a "peace treaty" with Angelo Poffo's ICW, ending the "war" between us. The hope was that they might become a developmental territory for WCCW. I go ahead and make that offer, which is now pending. I am now currently "at war" only with Southwest Championship Wrestling, Southeastern Championship Wrestling, and the UWA. Since I'm not in a big talent acquisition mood, the "wars" are not a huge issue at this point.

-Rumor is that negotiations have broken down between the WWF and the Junkyard Dog - that's huge, as he's a former WWF World Champion. I request negotiations with him, because he's a huge star in Texas, though I don't see how I possibly have room for him at this point.

-Arturo Mendoza (formerly Villano III) has left New Japan, leaving us as his exclusive employer. Mendoza isn't alone - like WWF, New Japan did some serious roster trimming - cutting 16 workers (including Mendoza, Dan Severn, Road Warrior Hawk, Paul Orndorff, Finlay, Mike Rotundo, Bad News Brown, and Scott Irwin) . The Japan wrestling scene is in tough shape at the moment, both the wrestling industry and general economy are rated D+, and falling. Thing aren't so much better in the US, but we're still buzzing along.

-ICW has rejected our offer for them to become our developmental territory. Bastards.

-Tommy Rodgers and Ricky Morton are officially done with WCCW. Rodgers is now completely unemployed, while Morton still works for the AWA and WWC.

-Buddy Roberts and King Kong Bundy are exhausted after the last show.

-The TV show gets a 2.29 rating. That's an all time high for us, beating last week (the previous high) by .09.

-Tiger Mask was late for the last show. He's fined.

-King Kong Bundy was released by the WWF just a week after being signed. It wasn't a part of any new mass exodus - just Bundy. He had wrestled one match for the WWF, teaming with Rocky Johnson.

-The Spoiler defeated Jerry Lawler to win the National TV Championship in Georgia Championship Wrestling. Lawler had held the title less than a week after defeating Greg Valentine. It is the 30th wrestling championship for The Spoiler, who wrestled briefly for WCCW last year.

-Bobby Eaton is complaining about his push - he thinks he should be a main event singles star. I'm just not ready to go that far with him right now.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote