View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 08:20 PM   #546
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Buddy Roberts and Bob Backlund are exhausted after the last show.

-Sometime last week, Pedro Morales defeated Scott Irwin to win his 3rd WWF Intercontinental Championship.

-I negotiate with The Junkyard Dog (who has A+ popularity in Texas), but he's a little too expensive for me at this point, with my current financial situation and need to trim my roster. Hopefully I can revisit that in a couple months, maybe after he's completely done with the WWF. He wants around $2,605/show.

-But Randy Savage - I can't resist. Like King Kong Bundy, he was fired by the WWF just a few days after he was signed. So I sign him, for a pretty reasonable $2,150/show for 9 months, with a $1,000 downside. The downside is relevant, because I might not use him until the Freebird/Von Erich feud dies down in a few months. At most, he'll wrestle on non-tv events before he starts his big push. Savage had been too loyal to his father to sign with anyone else since the start of the dynasty, but he should make a big impact on WCCW eventually - right now, he's not known at all outside the Southeast. But he's a great talent - "A+" rated intensity, "A" rated charisma and Resilience, and "B+" rated Athleticism, Stamina, Safety, Consistency, and Star Quality.

-Our roster is now 10 over the recommended level for our size, so as always, it's time to try to trim down (even with the recent departures of Tommy Rodgers and Ricky Morton). Ted Dibiase will be out soon (along with Arman Hussein). After that, it gets very tough. Piper's always a possibility because of his contract - though I'm pretty content right now to use him as an occasional attraction. Kabuki's contract is up in a week and a half. If he wants a big raise, he'll be a cut.

Last edited by molson : 12-28-2007 at 08:36 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote