View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 05:30 PM   #547
molson
General Manager

-Back for the first time in 2008.

-GDS has announced the next version of TEW, scheduled for a 6/1 release date. I plan (hope) on trying to keep this dynasty going at least through August or so, until that game gets all patched up and modded up.

WORLD CLASS WRESTLING (LIVE TV SHOW)
Wednesday, Week 2, July 1984
Brownwood, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 5,009; Ticket Prices: default
Actual Attendance: 5,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Akbar) defeated Owen Hart & Brian Adias in 4:49 when Miller pinned Hart. (C+)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Gary Hart hyped his Arturo Mendoza's upcoming match with his former client, The Great Kabuki. Hart says Kabuki's lucky that his defeat in a few minutes isn't going to be on national TV. (B-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Arturo Mendoza (w/Gary Hart) drew with The Great Kabuki in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (A)

-Ted Dibiase (w/Arman Hussein) defeated Jose Lothario in 7:38 by pinfall. (D+). Dibiase's injury took a big toll.

-Terry Gordy defeated Bruno Sammartino in 15:44 by pinfall. (B-)

-The Freebirds came to the ring with their newest member, WCCW Cruiserweight Champion Buddy Landell. The 4 cut a lengthy promo. They said that with Landell now in the fold, only 2 championships elude them - David's World Title, and Koko & Eaton's Tag Team Championship. They claim that if King Kong Bundy wins the World Title tonight, he'll hand it over to the Freebirds per their business arrangement with Gary Hart (and that since Fritz is no longer in charge, he won't be able to get in the way of "good business" like he did when Bob Backlund tried, unsuccessfully, to sell the World Title to the Freebirds). Michael Hayes added that the tag team titles will also be a part of their dynasty soon, as Hayes & Roberts will challenge Koko & Eaton for the belts at the July Star Wars show. (C) With that comment, The Sheepherders hit the ring with Skandor Akbar, looking angry. Akbar confronts Hayes, saying that the board of directors had been all too helpful to the Freebirds in protecting the titles that they hold. But the Sheepherders, despite their alliance with the Freebirds, were forced to the defend their titles against Eaton & Ware again and again, in every kind of match, week after week. Akbar claims that The Freebirds wanted the titles off of The Sheepherders because they knew they couldn't beat them themselves. Eventually, tempers get out of control, and the 7 men begin brawling in the ring, leading to the commercial break. (C)

-After the commercial break, Marc Lowerence announces that, in an apparent attempt to appease The Sheepherders, there has been a World Tag Team Title #1 Contender's Match signed for next week - The Sheepherders v. Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts. The winners will get a tag team title shot at July Star Wars. (B-)

-WCCW Television Championship Match
Buddy Jack Roberts drew with Iceman Parsons in 10:00 when the time limit expired, making his 4th defense of the TV Title. Roberts looked good, and Parsons comes up just short of the TV title once again. (B-). Immediately after the match, Ted Dibiase hits the ring with a steel chair, but Parsons is ready for him, taking out Dibiase, grabbing the chair, and knocking Dibiase out with it. (B-). Parsons grabs a mic, looks down at Dibiase, and says he's sick of him - so he'll give him his coveted rematch at July Star Wars, the outcome of which will shut him up forever (B-)

-Bob Backlund defeated Koko B. Ware in 12:30 by pinfall. (A). Once again, Backlund gets a good amount of cheers, and he and Ware show mutual respect.

-WCCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
David Von Erich defeats King Kong Bundy (w/Gary Hart) in 9:48 by pinfall, to make his 11th defense of the World Title. (B) Bundy had earned this shot with his Battle Royal win a week ago. The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, The Freebirds came to the ring to attack David, but David was quickly rescued by Bruno Samartino & Iceman Parsons. (C+). As the Freebirds are retreating up the entrance-way, David grabs a mic to address them. David says that this war could go on forever - he wants to negotiate. The Freebirds look surprised and skeptical. David says they each have something the other wants, and in the case of David's World Title, it's something will never get on their own. David says he's willing to give them a shot, and end this war once and forever. The Freebirds are seen conversing amongst themselves as the show ends. (B)

Overall Show Rating: B-

THOUGHTS

-I'm not sure I ever had a show with two "A" rated matches - unfortunately, one was on the pre-show. It was the first ever "A" rated match for Kabuki - getting that rating with Mendoza was a huge surprise. I was less surprised by the quality of the Ware/Backlund match. Backlund is continuing to wrestle competitive and "friendly" matches with faces. But is it all a ruse?

-David offers to "negotiate" with The Freebirds. This will lead somewhere.

-I've been meaning to have The Sheepherders get pissed at the Freebirds for a while now. I don't expect much from their match next week (I'll get the heels v. heels penalty), but I like to mix things up every once in a while.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote