View Single Post
Old 10-02-2007, 12:20 AM   #460
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-As expected, a lot of guys that were involved in the tournament are in need of a break at this point: David, Roberts, Dusek, Eaton, Backlund, Tiger Mask, and Terry Gordy. I'll try to keep them all out of matches next week to the extent I can.

-Unbelievably, Roddy Piper, already on thin ice for his no-show last week, showed up late to the tournament show. He's on the verge of being brutally jobbed out.

-Houston Championship Wrestling, in debt for months, has officially gone out of business. I immediately request negotiations for Gino Hernandez - who had cited loyalty to HCW in the past as a reason not to talk to us. He'd be a great replacement for Piper. There's also a lot of regionally popular talent out there who might bring down their asking price. Maybe I'll have a HCW stable led by Paul Boesch.

-Precious is offically gone from WCCW. She hasn't been seen since Jimmy Garvin left.

-As of today, TV shows are accepting applications for new shows starting June 1. I'm leaning towards running one or two TV shows, canceling that contract, and then giving myself a window of 2-3 weeks to find something else. (TV shows won't consider applications from cult-level promotions if they already have a show).

-George Steele has officially retired. George had a very, very brief run with us last October, but was only around for about 2 weeks, wrestling two matches.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote