View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #464
molson
General Manager

WCCW STORYLINES - END OF APRIL, 1984

Storylines with participants and date of origin, in order of current heat:

1. Freebirds v. Von Erichs; recently evolved for the second time, (David, Kerry, Mike, Kevin, Fritz, Gordy, Hayes, Roberts; September)
2. Arturo Mendoza v. Tiger Mask (Mendoza, King Kong Bundy, Tiger Mask, Great Kabuki; April)
3. Tag Team Title feud; (Koko, Eaton, The Sheepherders; January)
4. Koloff/Malenko v. Morton (Malenko, Koloff, Morton, Russell; February)

-Lower Midcarders or higher without current storylines: Ted Dibiase, Bob Backlund, Roddy Piper, Adrian Adonis, Road Warriors, Buddy Landell, Iceman Parsons, Frank Dusek, Tommy Rodgers, Brian Adias, Doug Sommers)

-The Adonis/Piper storyline has officially ended. Adonis will be off TV for about 2 months as he changes gimmicks from "Playboy" to "Redneck". Piper's currently the #1 contender for the world title, and will get a few shots at David before I (probably) send him packing.

-The Freebird/Von Erich storyline is officially the hottest storyline in WCCW history, with a current "A" rating for heat. That'll be the focus of most of our shows, so there's a lot of guys without storylines. Bob Backlund will continue to be an unofficial part of the Freebird/Von Erich angle, and Dibiase will probably have to wait until he's 100% healthy to be part of a storyline.

WRESTLER CONFLICTS

-The following wrestlers are unavailable on these days in May, as they consider these companies priorities over WCCW:

-Bob Backlund, WWF (Sun, 4th Fri)
-Gary Hart, Mid-Atlantic (Fri, Wed, 4th Sat)
-Michael Hayes, WWF (Sun, 4th Fri)

-Same three that have had conflicts for the last few months. At some point in the last few months I've surpassed Geogria and All-Japan in prestige. That makes me the third most prestigious promotion in the world - trailing only the WWF and Mid-Atlantic (I started the dynasty 7th or 8th place in worldwide prestige). That means that I'm everyone's priority company, unless they work for one of the big 2. Our big show at the end of the month is Parade of Champions, the last Saturday of the month (which makes Gary Hart unavailable for that show).

EXCLUSIVE WORKERS

-These are the on-screen workers who happen to work for no one else but me. I'll try to give them a heavier workload, as they're the least likely to have fatigue issues. These guys are also relatively safer when it comes to talent cuts:

-Al Perez
-Brian Adias
-Buddy Landell
-The Sheepherders
-David Von Erich
-Doug Sommers
-Frank Dusek
-Iceman Parsons
-Jose Lothario
-Kerry Von Erich
-Kevin Von Erich
-Lance Russell
-Lord Alfred Hayes
-Mike Von Erich
-Owen Hart
-Road Warrior Animal
-Super Kendo
-Terry Gordy
-The Great Kabuki
-Tommy Rodgers
-Villano IV
-Villano V

WRESTLER COMPLAINTS

-Buddy Landell is very unhappy about the number of shows he's been unused.
-Kerry Von Erich is extremely unhappy about the number of shows he's been unused.

Wow - this is the happiest my locker room has been since I can remember. Kerry's been out for storyline reasons - I wish there was a game mechanic where I could pay him while he's away, and keep him happy. And just as I type that I think of one possible way - a gimmick change. Some gimmick changes require a worker to be off shows for a certain amount of time. Presumably, the worker doesn't get angry (or any more angry), when you take him out the road for that reason (as I'm doing currently with Adrian Adonis). Kerry's currently using a "Rebel" gimmick. Since I'm not sure whether Kerry's going to come back as a face or a feel, I need a gimmick that has a decent rating for either. So I go with "Cowboy". That will keep him off show for a minimum of 56 more days.

Last edited by molson : 10-12-2007 at 08:11 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote