View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 09:48 AM   #212
Poli
FOFC Survivor

You won't believe this, but it ended in a tie, 0-0. Both teams will come away thinking they could have and should have won it. They were inside our 10 twice. We were inside their 20 three times. Neither side could punch it in.

I was actually warned early in the 2nd quarter about our wedge blocking. The referee was wrong, which made it difficult for me to approach him about. We continued to run it and we weren't flagged.

We did have difficulty blocking their nose tackle and left outside linebacker. When we had both blocked, we had success. When one beat the block, we were hurting. Overall, we looked much better offensively this week than last, we just didn't have those big plays like last week. At one point, we drove 60 yards methodically, we just couldn't get it done.

Ryan is going to have to move somewhere. He's taking advantage of just snapping the ball and that's it. Layne will likely become the center, though Ryan has shown nearly no ability to maintain a block, much less pull on a play.

Ashanti is quite likely a backup on offense now as well. He became a sub on defense last week when he didn't show up for a practice. This week, he was a master of looking like he was doing his job. He really wasn't, and it's disappointing.

Alex did a decent job at the DT spot. He didn't really move upfield, but he certainly created a pile when the guard plopped on top of him every play.

Just like week 1 and the second half of week 3, we were a few blocks from having a couple of scores. Those are the breaks. I'm sure the Trojans feel the same way.

The next opponent is going to be fun. They lost to SCAC 1 (we beat SCAC 1, 6-0), 31-0. Turns out, the Raiders haven't scored a point all year. They won't start this week. They're incredibly simple on offense, and have nearly no talent. With just 13 players, I don't understand why they're even a team.