View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 06:21 AM   #222
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Boy, ol' boy, did I have some headaches tonight.

Lot of kids shoving kids, kids telling on other kids for shoving, stuff like that. More so than I usually get.

However, when practice started, I was three boys short. Nathaniel I understood, he went with his mom to the vice presidential debate. Maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity, I understood. Noah, the younger brother and backup QB, was supposed to be at practice. Where was he? At the debate as well. When did I find out? Oh, about 10 minutes in to practice.

The third boy? Ryan. Ryan didn't like bearcrawling on defense and it essentially cost him his job. Ryan struggled with his blocking at center and it appeared to have cost his job. His answer? Quit. When did I find out, 5 minutes into practice. Flipping sweet.

Thirty minutes in, his dad brought him out with his pads on to 'talk' to me. I stroked his ego, explained I saw he had a wakeup call on Tuesday and was planning on using him at center. I explained that we're not bear crawling this week against the Raiders as well. In the end, I told him it's up to him, that'd I'd love to have him, but it's up to him. I walked away.

Ten minutes later he enters the practice field. No one makes a scene about it, and we just roll with it.

JD practiced at quarterback, which sucked. Not JD's fault, it's just I should have had a flipping quarterback there.

The Raiders are horrible, but maybe not horrible enough to beat our team at it's current state.