View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 09:12 AM   #247
Poli
FOFC Survivor

24-6 loss to the White Hawks...a game where the boys disappointed me on defense. All 24 points came in the first half as the boys over pursued and let the ball carrier outside them twice for scores. In their 'obvious' passing formation, they threw a 30 yard score as well when Carlos ran in on his own for a blitz.

Carlos is getting banged up and I think I need to lighten his load. With Connor likely to sit this game out, it makes things a little more interesting. I may use Nathaniel as a back this week and let his younger brother start at quarterback.

As far as being an assistant, it might be of some benefit to me. While I think I did a great job of picking these boys based on two days of evaluations, the parent/coaches knew a lot more about these boys than I did. As much as I hate to admit it, they have a slight advantage over me with that.

Allowing Scott of the Tigers to pick the team and handle the shenanigans would probably work out a lot more in my favor.

Not sure if I mentioned this as well, either, but I'm being tabbed as the defensive coordinator for our league's select team as well. The select team will be playing in a tournament or two...which in all honesty, to me, is insane. It's starting to get really flipping cold and you want to mesh a group of kids together to play? We might get maybe 4-5 practices before that first game? Crazy.