View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 09:48 PM   #146
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

June Update

-- We'll see some of our players taking part in international matches but otherwise it will be a month of scouting and planning. The transfer window reopens on June 9th and we have a whole bunch of money available in our transfer kitty to spend from last year. That said, I will use a bunch of it to increase our relatively low wage budget, as we have very little room available right now. We'll need to look at contract extensions for guys like Zoltan Bardi and Andrea Rocca for sure.

June Board Confidence Update

-- No change here: the board is absolutely delighted with the way I'm leading the team. Stature increase is the highlight and Emir Faccioli is the lowlight.

-- We made a profit of £2.81 million last month and that is essentially the difference between the ~£13 million in Premier League prize money accrued versus the ~£9+ million allocated to our stadium expansion currently underway.

-- The money continues to pour in for us, as we increase our turnover by well over 20% this year, mostly due to our larger stadium and the resulting ticket sales. Spending was way up too, with wages almost doubling but the huge £16+ million cash injection from our rich new chairman put us way over the top from a profitability perspective. With another stadium expansion underway and Continental play on the horizon, I'm guessing our turnover and expenditures will continue to rise. Fun times!

-- Dover captain Darren Pratley announced that he will retire at the end of this month. He's been a good player for us but the writing was on the wall - he plans on getting into coaching.

-- Another long-time Dover contributor also announces his retirement in midfielder Liam Craig

Barclays Premier League - Monthly Awards

-- Chelsea winger Diogo wins the Barclays Premier League Player of the Month award for May. Andrea Rocca came in second place.

-- Rini Verhagen, a Fulham DC, wins the Young Player of the Month award. Renato Gaucho finishes in third place.

-- Jurgen Klinsmann from Manchester United wins the Manager of the Month award and I get third place honours.

-- Rumours are swirling that Roma will offer us north of £17 million for MR Gianluca Bolis - if they do, I'd be hard pressed to turn it down.

Contract Extensions

-- We finally get an agent off our backs as we come to an agreement with Zoltan Bardi on a four year deal that sees his salary skyrocket to £22,500 per week from £6,250. He's been great for us this year and his versatility is a huge asset.

-- U18 midfielder Johnny Mardenborough signs a three year contract extension - he's only 17 and barring a sale, he'll spend the next two years developing on our U18 club. He's making a paltry £85 per week. He's flashy but ultimately not Premier League material.

International Duty

-- The 2022 World Cup will be held in Australia and European qualification is underway. In a cool striker vs. striker match, Giorgos Gesios scored a goal to lead Greece to a 3-1 win over Zoltan Bardi and Hungary. Neil Cairney also represented Scotland in their win over Sweden and Salim Loucif contributed to Algeria's 3-1 win over Ivory Coast.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote