View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 08:13 AM   #21
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, why not change the offense? Basically because of this. I signed an unwanted hobo free agent Dave Fox, who had never thrown a TD pass in his short career, and he gave me one season like this -- 5275 yds, 8.5 ypa, 35/14 and the #5 QB in the league. (Side note - he did take 71 sacks and that's why he didn't get a second season, we went 7-9 after all)

My best player is my WR1. We targeted him 233 times and still managed to get 9.3 ypt from him, which is crazy. Average game for him is basically 14 targets, 9 catches, 130 yards and a TD.

So... bottom line: Duran is a monster, this league doesn't let opponents overgameplan around him, and nobody gets hurt. Put it all together, and this is what we are going to do. If it's Gunn back there, I'll be hoping for another season with a passer rating well over 100. If it's Mathews, I'll be less optimistic, but still expect us to be up and down the field by the air.

I like the guys we have in place at RB, and our running game ought to be credible, but make no mistake -- we run just to keep teams honest. We win by throwing the ball to our best player(s).

Last edited by QuikSand : 04-26-2018 at 08:14 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote