View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 01:34 PM   #50
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I think you would be very rewarded to reconsider FTL. I also like DF etc. but you don't need to invest nearly as much time with FTL.

In fact, I challenge you to an FTL dynasty. As many restarts as it takes you to finish it.

You have MOO2 at #32. This is the synopsis from back when you did that, and well … I'm going to argue against this relatively popular opinion. For multiple reasons, I think the original (MOO1) is still the best. Master of Orion 2 is above-average, but I wouldn't go further than that. It added a lot, but more of the additions hurt the strategic experience than helped it.

Also, to have a claim like this and not have freaking Homeworld on the list … I mean, that's practically criminal. Please tell me you've played Homeworld. Recent events have damaged my faith in humanity. I need a pick-me-up.

You have a really wide-ranging, eclectic taste in games. Many of them I played and enjoyed. Many others I never even heard of; I almost never play shooters for example because they simply don't interest me.

This War of Mine should be higher than #67
Stardew Valley should also be ahead of stuff like Tropico (which is quite an entertaining, interesting game in its own right).

I'm done quibbling though. Really excellent list, and thanks for doing this dynasty. It's been quite entertaining.

Thanks for your thoughtful comments! Glad you looked at them. I hear ya! Everyone may order their things differently. Or find inspiration from a series in a different place. You may agree with my Castlevania, but not Symphony of the Night, or prefer other Zelda's to my choice of the first, and so forth. I do think MOO2 is better, but I don;t mind that you want to go to the mattresses in the other direction. There are some I think would be wierd (someone arguing that Star Control 3 was better than 2) but I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand or assume that "they never played the games." MOO1 is much better than SC3! It's a fun game.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote