View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 03:06 PM   #74
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Is the fence-free pool tied to some sort of Constitutional right that Im missing. Is this a valid comparison?

Almost everything I hear about Jeb is that he's a manager at heart. I don't think that he's a politician at heart. He's a great manager, so he sees a problem and starts to think of solutions. Deadly accidents involving pools? Let's weigh the pros and cons of new regulations of pools. Can we save lives with reasonable expense and a minimum of interference with enjoyment? Deadly accidents involving guns? Let's weigh the pros and cons of new regulations of guns. Can we save lives with reasonable expense and a minimum of interference with enjoyment? That's the first place his brain goes. Trying to solve the problem.

A natural politician would have gotten up and led with rhetoric about the Constitution and just gone from there.

I'm a Democrat, so I want the Dems to win the presidency in order to be a veto to the GOP legislature. But if I had to pick a public figure to put in charge of something large and important based solely on skill, I would probably pick Jeb. He likes solving problems, and he seems pretty good at it.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote