View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 01:40 AM   #20265
stevew
Hall Of Famer

My week-
Monday-Toilet won't stop running water. Go to lowe's and buy a toilet repair kit. Tear apart the toilet and realize it's some funky design that is in the 1% that can't be fixed with generic toilet repair kits. This is after I've basically torn it apart, so our only toilet is down.

Tuesday-tear apart upstairs toilet, realize the wood is totally fucked around the flange. Tear apart a lot of stinky rotten wood. have to stop repair upstairs and i replace the previously broken random toilet in the basement that nobody uses

Wednesday-tear up the old flooring upstairs. If I'm going to fix the bathroom I may as well change out the old flooring. I must have really liked glue because i used an obnoxious amount of glue on the previous floor. It took hours with a multi-tool to remove 6-8 tiles, Try to sand up the old glue, it barely works. All along as I'm scraping, the old glue on the floor is stuck to my knees. I get up and it's like I'm being waxed on my kneecaps by the devil.

Thursday-finally take my first shower in days. I probably could have finished this project in 1 or 2 days but the kids are on zoom calls for school most of the day. Finally use a grinder to get all the glue off the floor. it's a mess, but it's all gone. No more sticky kneecaps. I replace most of the rotted wood. hopefully tomorrow I can rip out the old vanity and fix the rest of the subfloor. And then lay a new floor and toilet and vanity. such fun.

Last edited by stevew : 09-11-2020 at 01:41 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote