View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 08:54 AM   #26
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

The excitement of last night has faded quickly into personal conflict (again) and it is the same questions that I've fought from the beginning. Actually 3 questions that I keep asking myself. Can we? Should we? Could we? I say we because whatever I decide, it will have an effect on the entire family.

Can we? I don't doubt we could. Effectively, we have been doing this for the last 4 years so, we know the time commitment needed to do this and the business side we have a handle on so, I'm pretty comfortable with saying yes on this.

Should we? I don't think it is any big revelation when I say I dislike my current job. Nay, hate my current job. I've soured on the corporate world greatly and it just seems like such a waste of my life to be sitting in a cubicle. At the end of the day, when I leave this planet, I don't want my crowning achievement to have been 'Fixed Betty Sue's Banking Statements'
I want to be my own boss, run the show and have a different professional life other than this so, ya... this is a should we.

Could we? This is the question that is killing me right now. For the short term, I would be doing all of the heavy lifting. Just working this job, running the business so, that would suck up 70 hours of my time in the short term of 3-6 months where I don't see hiring any employees potentially. My wife has concerns of me burning out, I'm worried that my relationship with my 2 year old daughter will suffer. The business is a way to improve our lives potentially and change our lives. I don't want to be one of those people 3 years from now working 80 hours and my wife and little one(s) only seeing me 30 minutes a day and justifying it with 'I'm doing it for us'. I can endure the short term pain, but I have to absolutely make sure I have a plan to make sure that short term pain doesn't turn to long term pain***

*** anyone feel free to insert sagely advice.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote