View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 01:06 AM   #42
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Plans change.

We have been working on finding the spot to setup. The main place we were working on, I went and talked to the tenants that were in the strip mall. A few things set of my spidey sense. For starters, the tenants were saying that during the winter, the roof leaks in spots. I'm not too keen on that. Secondly, I found out that the spot has been vacant for four years. Four years? Wow. And last, the manager of one of the spots didn't have a number for the landlords, didn't know how to get ahold of them nor spoke to them in years. Leaky roofs, 4 years of neglect and the potential issue of not being able to reach a landlord if issues? Sometimes it is better to just walk away.

Or walk in circles because after talking to the wife, we are back to where we were several weeks ago. Discussing the Mexican store. We had to really step back and ask ourselves why we wanted to do this and that was to get a distributor, get an online store and go in a different direction. The spot might not be in the greatest location, but I can still accomplish that by being in this spot. If I can drive local customers by advertising and word of mouth over 6 months, that would be great, but I really want to get a toehold in the online world and getting this place, saving nearly 850 a month and rolling that into inventory and the business, I think that would accomplish our short term goals.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote