View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 01:59 AM   #21
Izulde
Head Coach

I officially love the board. They don't try to cheat me and offer the same amount. When I look at the division above, I see one guy making $10.5k a year, another making $11.5k, and a third making $21.5k, so I ask for a slight increase to $13.75k and they sign off on that on a one year deal.

Gokhan Pala is out a month after getting injured in a friendly, and Joreilly Chirino got hurt in training a few weeks back, shelving him for 2 months, so our striker situation is looking a touch worrying right now - especially with 32 year old Derk Schut's continuing regression.

vs Achilles 1894 (4th)
G: Bartek Pakiela
D: Brian-Paul Tesselaar/Adhil Mahdadi/Robin Hoekstra/Hennos Asmalash
MC: Pascal Hettinga/Rudo Hidden
AMLR: Moreno Doekhi/Tiago Faria da Silva
ST: Rico Leocadio/Derk Schut

These are one of only two teams to beat us, so I'm scared.

20 - FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! da Silva goes off with injury! I mean, we have Ahahaoui waiting to step in again, but the kid has been amazing for us and earning every bit of his $240 salary.

35 - Damn it I hate these assholes! 0-1

61 - HE WAS FRIGGING OFFSIDES!!!! 0-2

74 - Leocadio centers to Schut, but he's jammed up so he passes right to Ahahaoui. Tipback to Hidden for his first Kampong goal, but it's too little too late I fear 1-2

Tiago Faria da Silva has a torn hamstring and is out 3-4 months. I'm frigging sick right now. And our lead has been shaved to 1 and 4 points respectively. Devastating. Just absolutely fucking devastating.

vs Urk (9th)
D:Ertunc Yildirim/Adhil Mahdadi/Patrick Ozinga/Jamie Jaliens
MC: Max Oostenrijk/Rudo Hidden
AMLR: Moreno Doekhi/Achmed Ahahaoui

11 - Doekhi passes to Leocadio in the box. Defender nicks it, but doesn't take possession and Doekhi is right there to scorch the nets with a screaming diagonal 1-0

51 - Doekhi runs down a longball and crosses where no one is. Defender's laughing as he heads it away, but his angle is off and Leocadio is in position to nail it 2-0

56 - Hidden to Leocadio, who wings it out right. Where the hell is Ahahaoui? Nobody can find him, so Hidden has to run it down and deliver in the box. Doekhi's header clangs off the post, but Leocadio is once again there to drop in the rebound. 3-0

59 - Yildirim and Mahdadi tag-team to stop a goal. On to Leocadio who belts it down the middle of the pitch. Schut is beaten for once (signs of his aging), but he never stops driving after the defender lazily soft backpasses. Team captain punishes him for that stupidity. 4-0

75 - Hidden on our second straight corner. Mahdadi rises above the crowd to hammerhead in his first Kampong goal!!!! 5-0

Talk about a tale of two halves! Even better, ARC had one of their 0-0 draws, meaning we're 3 points up!

@ Eemdjik (9th)
D: Brian-Paul Tesselaar/Adhil Mahdadi/Robin Hoekstra/Hennos Asmalash
AMLR: Moreno Doekhi/Achmed Ahahaoui
ST: Rico Leocadio/Gokhan Pala

Win here and we're in the driver's seat for claiming the title.

19 - Tesselaar throws in to Leocadio and on the aerial center, there's Pala and like six guys around him. Guess who wins that header? The Turk - for his 20th goal of the year. 1-0

53 - Folkers in for Hettinga; van der Meulen (Remember him?) for Doekhi

65 - Leocadio hangs back to stay onsides as van der Meulen sends the pass down the left side. Leocadio then surges, picks up the loose ball, dribbles, and crosses to Pala for the easy goal. 2-0

Game ball and 8.7 for Gokhan Pala, 7.8 for Rico Leocadio, and 8.2 for Rudo Hidden.

@ Roda '46
D: Ertunc Yildirim/Adhil Mahdadi/Patrick Ozinga/Hennos Asmalash
AMLR: Moreno Doekhi/Tiago Faria da Silva

All we need is a draw and we walk out with the title. Roda '46 got officially eliminated with our win last week. ARC is still in play at 3 points behind, but they'd also need to make up the +4 GD we currently enjoy.

Suffice to say, we're going Defensive from the whistle.

8 - Are you serious? Fluke goal in the biggest match ever? 0-1

31 - Mahdadi has been awesome lately, and he makes a stop here. Short give to Hettinga for the boomer ball down to Doekhi and [b]Leocadio/b] converts on the center 1-1

Chirino and Kurt replace Schut and Ozinga respectively at half, because they've been dumpster fires.

47 - Ball's in the air after Pakiela's belt. Ahahaoui springs up and nods it on for Leocadio to bounce it more, and Chirino caps off the popups with a header in!!! 2-1

63 - So this is going to be stupid goals day. Okay. 30 yard strike that Pakiela pooch-screwed on 2-2

80 - Kurt charges in like a raging bull, intercepts for the first touch long ball almost to the touchline. Chirino chases it down and is getting hassled, so he passes back to the middle of the box, where Doekhi awaits to slot it away!!!! 3-2

8.1 for Moreno Doekhi and 7.5 for Joreilly Chirino off the bench. We don't get the game ball, but I don't care because....

WEEEEE ARRRRREEE THE CHAMPIIIIIIIOOOOONNNNSSS!!!!!!

(As it turns out, we would have anyway - ARC's offense again sputtered its way to a 0-0 nothingburger)

This is a v.v. important offseason for us. There's going to be a *ton* of people leaving this bloated roster which is something like 40 or 50 people due to two years' worth of crummy youth classes.

We also need to get our talent level up to staying competitive at the next rung up.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote