View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 01:36 AM   #2
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Alright, let’s get started!

My main character is named Clarabelle. She’s the darkest skinned of the four base options.

For those who may not remember, ever since Knights of the Old republic I play as women characters. I choose a female name that has my own in it somewhere (like ElizABEth or IsABElle, etc.)

I had heard from a lot of friends that KOTOR was this amazing game, and it was by a company I respected, so I bought it and played in a few months after release, and as a lark, I chose to play as a women.

My experience was not as good. My romantic option was weaker, and there were multiple times when I was referred to by the male pronoun, not female. It was weird, and I remembered back in BG2 when the same creator had introduced romantic paths for you with your NPC,s, and there was just one if you were a women (and who’d want Anomen?) despite other single young males being options (like Minsc!), but you had a lot more choices for romantic partners if you were a male from drow clerics to wingless flying elves. The experience playing a male character gave you more options, but why?

And after seeing the issues in KOTOR1 (that were worse in 2 btw) I began to play as women to see what that experience was like, where possible, although in many games, that wasn’t even an option. Anyways, I’m a ten year old black girl named Clarabelle.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-04-2019 at 01:39 AM.
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote