View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 12:40 AM   #202
hoopsguy
General Manager

We only allowed 318 yards to Penn State - that should put us in position to win games, not be getting waxed like we were most of the day.

Burford goes out 10-24 for 82 yards with an INT. We won't miss him very much at all. Hopefully Edwards can work on getting rid of the ball for next season, as well as increasing his ability to make big plays.

Brown had 82 yards on 19 carries.

Jackson had 98 yards on 7 catches - he has turned into a very good possession receiver.

We let their QB have way too much success early, but hard to be overly critical of what we accomplished defensively this year. I believe we will finish #1 in terms of yards allowed. And moving from 5-7 to 8-4 is a nice step to take in Year 2.

We are only losing 5 seniors. I'm not sure that any non-seniors besides Brown should be going pro. Brewer is talented, but he hasn't put up great numbers the last two years. I don't think there is anyone on the D. But perhaps I'll be surpised.

Onto the other bowl games and playoffs:

Arizona 37-34 over Kanasas State - Tonnemaker runs for 125 yards and 2 TDs

Washington State 30-27 over Boise State - Williams throws for 3 TDs

Playoffs:
#9 Oklahoma 36
#1 LSU 35

#2 Pittsburgh 41
#7 Oregon 38

#6 Miami (FL) 51
#4 Texas 16

#5 USC 38
#3 Syracuse 32

So the Trojans are still alive. They had a TE go for 3TDs in the win - Hill, don't recall him at all. Someone please finish them off.

Congrats to Oregon on a very strong season.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote