View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 12:18 PM   #26
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2015 Big South Postseason Selection

We will get to play at least 1 more game this season, as we were selected as the 15th seed in the CBI. Our first game will be against (2) Stony Brook.

For the second straight season, the Big South Tournament Champion will play in the NCAA First Four. SIU Edwardsville will take on St. Francis (NY) for the right to be the 16th seed in the Midwest Region, which a game against (1) Baylor on the line.

Campbell was selected as the #8 seed in the NIT East Region and will travel to (1) LaSalle in the first round.

And in some totally ridiculous scheduling, Charleston Southern is the last team out of the Big South to make the postseason. They get the (10) seed in the CBI and will travel to (9) Lehigh. If they win their game, and we win our game, we will meet in the second round of the CBI. That's ridiculous.

2015 CBI First Round

3/18/2015 at (2) Stony Brook - W 76-64 (21-11) -- 5 players scored in double figures for us, and we forced 14 turnovers. A balanced offense gets us to the next round as we were led by Dennis Cowans with 14 points, 8 boards.

2015 CBI Second Round

3/23/2015 at (7) Lehigh - W 85-79 (22-11) -- We raced out to a 44-28 halftime lead then I bit most of my nails off as they made a furious comeback late, but we were able to hit our free throws down the stretch. David Bemis had 20 points and Bobbie Robertson threw in 17.

2015 CBI Semifinals

3/25/2015 at (14) Wright St. - L 79-70 (22-12) -- Our great run came to an end tonight as we couldn't overcome 20 turnovers that led to 17 extra shots for them. Hard to beat teams that get 17 more shots than you, especially when they make most of those shots in transition. Nevertheless, I am very proud of this group and what they accomplished this season.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote