View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 01:36 PM   #667
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sat Nov 1, 2014 (evening)
Blyth (9-2-2, 3rd BSBN) vs Darlington (9-2-2, 11th BSBN)
We're rightful underdogs, even at home. Darlington, as you can see from their record, is every bit as good as us at the very least. The 10 point deduction for their financial troubles is why they're 11th instead of 3rd right now. Back to the 4-4-1-1 although you've seen how things have been going, I'm not sure if any formation is the cure right now for a team that is dangerously close to being down the dumps all at once.

GK: Dovey
D: Deen-Conteh, Williamson, Seidu, Sawyer
M: Musungu, Ahmed, Smyth, Ricketts
F: Baker, Rickard
Subs: (Kerr, Janneh, Cofie, Davies, McDonald)

1' - Seidu header from a corner ... too high
6' - Dovey makes a steady save on the first attempt he faces
7' - Smyth nods a long ball ahead to Rickard ... in the clear ... shoots from 25 yards ... hits the post
18'- Two-footed challenge by Smyth at midfield ... wipes out the ball carrier ... red card ... Hopson has to leave the game due to injury ... switch to Defensive
25' - Dovey makes a point blank save
32' - Musungu shoots weakly, doesn't trouble the keeper
34' - Rickard is denied on a great opportunity
37' - They hit the netting
41' - They miss a header inches high
43' - Sublime finish for Fletcher, they simply outnumbered us and Dovey was late to the shot (0-1)

Halftime: Well this sucks. Staff is down on them, I say they've been unlucky, which seems to lift spirits & confidence. Whether it's enough to get us a miracle though ...

46' - Rickard is knocked after a heavy foul that draws only a yellow card
47' - Seidu misses an open header that would have tied it. If he isn't kicking himself I might do it for him
54' - Rickard finally breaks down and has to come off ... Sub Cofie
55' - Ahmed corner ... Williamson at the near post unmolested ... hits it right at the keeper ...
56' - Ahmed gathers the loose ball ... cross into the area for Seidu ... the defender backs into Seidu and flattens him, that's a penalty ...
57' - Baker takes the shot ... buries it ... (1-1)
62' - Baker with a takeaway at midfield, quickly plays it ahead to Ricketts ... down the flank ... he's taken down from behind by Lawlor, goes down like he'd been shot ... that's his second yellow, he's off and we're 10 aside now
64' -We get a free kick from the arc after a handball ... Ricketts shoots a bit high ... Darlington changes to a 4-3-2
71' - Ricketts picks up a yellow card, fairly given after a missed tackle turned into a trip
72' - Sub Janneh (for Ricketts, tired & 6.1)
88' - Sub Davies (for Musungu, knocked heavily) ... shift Baker to ML, Davies to ST
89' - 4 minutes added
90'+1 - Ahmed corner to the near post this time ... Williamson is there ... heads it across ... GOAL ! (2-1) ... switch to Contain

Full time: Blyth 2 - Darlington 1
Well I'll be damned. I let Whitfield praise 'em and thank 'em. Williamson -- who won't discuss a contract extension -- scores his first goal of the season. Baker's PK is his first league goal for us as well. Back line played much better in the second half, neutralizing their man advantage certainly had to help.

Nov 1, 2014 (postmatch)
We may have a talking to coming after getting hit with four yellows and a red.

After the press conference we issue a written statement confirming that disgruntled forward Jonson Clarke-Harris (and his $250/wk rolling salary) and young AMC Craig Creswell have been given their free release

Tommy Smyth understands why I had to give him a formal warning after being sent off. We won't appeal, it wasn't a dirty play or anything but the call looked valid to me in both real time and on replay.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 07-10-2014 at 01:36 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote