View Single Post
Old 02-22-2023, 05:09 AM   #56
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Husker-4-Life View Post
Just a quick update Jim, we have been working hard on the lists and should have something for you in a week or so. I'll still use your support email to send you the list if that still ok.

There's no hurry on this, and the more you can think of (no promises, of course, and no chance of new or updated features in a patch), the better. Things are particularly busy right now.

But I was thinking about it, and had asked someone about the LB/CB issue, because I had never heard about it. It does sound like a bug from what was described. I had a question, though, from the temporary work-around perspective.

If you go to the defensive depth charts, Nickel Third Down Defense (0-3 WR) and you simply switch the LCB with the Nickel Corner, does that completely resolve the issue at hand?

I ask this because I like the general approach. Defenses play matchup with personnel, but IRL they will not get just plain suckered, and will assume a passing stance even if personnel seems to be leading to a non-optimal call (like if the offense comes out in 22 on 3rd and 9, then all of a sudden there's a McCaffrey type coming out on one side, two tight ends who can catch and a typical possession X). You sure don't want to get caught having to put a linebacker on McCaffrey, with little hope of real support in an underneath zone.

The defense has to be the sum of its parts, but the right parts should get out there as often as possible without having to worry about the system being gamed. This is also why I don't include pre-snap motion in the game. I wanted to write a football simulation, not a chess simulation. Once you start doing motion, you pretty much need a physics-based approach rather than a sim approach.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote