Thread: Werewolf Forum?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2006, 01:25 PM   #9
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
My PM to skydog, followed by his response, which i am now replying to.

Originally Posted by Blade6119
I dont agree with the decision to move WW to a seperate forum, due to the fact it has only 2 threads active at a time. Im willing to accept it though if you felt it more obtrusive then other items like the hot or not polls or political threads. I would like an explanation why the new forum is non-post count enabled though, as i cannot think of a good reason. As always, im trying to be respectful to you and voicing my complaint in private. I would appreciate similar respect in return, instead of jokes like the one you posted in reply to me in the thread.

-------------------------------------------------
Well, you complained in public...

I moved them because the #1 complaint I've received is about the Werewolf threads, and now that we've upgraded to vbulletin 3.6.0, it is (obviously) *very* easy to mass-move threads after doing a search. I'd never done it before now because it would have been a pain to move all of the threads. I would have had to do it one-by-one in the past. The post counts were taken down because they were skewing post counts tremendously.

My reply:

So threads like maximum football, PING:drunk guy, or Can child molesters be called hot? should all be moved as well, right? I would argue all of those, as well as threads i mentioned like the hot or nots or the countless political threads skew post counts as well.

I feel that the reason this action has occured is rather unjust. Firstly, I dont see how at most 2 threads are active at a time. This week alone i counted 14 hot or not threads. So i think removing it for being annoying is something that is both inappropriate use of power as well as quite hypocritical. I know when i was still a mod we discussed creating a WW forum, as well as a political fourm. Both ideas were shot down, rather soundly. So i would like to know what has changed in that regard. Was this idea voted on, or made as an executive decision?

I think saying that WW is not a good enough thread to earn posts, while threads like maximum football and others are, is one of the most baffling statements you have ever made. We havent always been friends, but i have agreed with most of your actions(including about me) until now.

Your argument is post counts are being skewed, so now we have to go remove threads like maximum football which are solely for post skewing, and edit all the multi-player fof and hattrick forums to non-post count after taking all threads out of GD that skew posts. Secondly, we have to create forums for any thread people complain about.

I dont feel like this is a sound decision, but am willing to hear both sides to this argument. I dont agree with it being seperated, but am OK with it. The post count decision throws me for a total loop, as i dont see how WW is worse then the other threads mentioned.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote