View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #656
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Tonight is a happier & more relaxed atmosphere after my kid's tennis match than we've experience before.

After an 0-3 career start, the monkey is off his back after a solid 8-5 win in JV doubles action this afternoon. What you probably need to know before I say anything else is that he started playing less than 5 months ago. His initial goal was to simply minimize the suckage enough not to get cut. With that mission accomplished (narrowly I suspect), the losing was getting in his head at least a little bit I think.

So .... it was awfully nice for him to get not only a nice backhand passing shot down the line to wrap up their 7th win, but then to get the winner on match point with basically the same shot.

Yeah, proud daddy. Even more relieved really, that was a weight I didn't want him carrying around for 10-11 months since today was probably their final official match of the season.

Whew.