View Single Post
Old 08-19-2008, 01:08 PM   #1737
The Jackal
Coordinator

Just got back and wanted to respond to these things:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent
Firstly: Moving the deadline because some players had not gotten their actions in was, in my opinion and from my admittedly limited vantage point, very poorly thought out.

I didn't want to do this but as you mention later, this game was very dependent on people being able to move as much as possible, and because I was requiring a lot of participation from people, I didn't mind moving one deadline when I only had 2 or 3 out of 10 actions, something like that.

Quote:
Skipping a Deadline - I understand that unlike the one above, this was done for personal reasons, not for in game reasons. However, in a game where the villagers have to arrive on a certain space, its important not to steal turns from the villagers, which is what taking the 3 pm deadline does.

This game took up a large part of my life and I think I did a pretty good job being around to respond to any problems and concerns - and I simply couldn't make this one deadline. Again I didn't want to do this, but perhaps moving the deadline back sort of balanced things out.

Quote:
Public Posting of Hidden Info - I blamed you for not giving me teh info that I met clap, and then you posted that you did, which proves that clap and I met. Perhaps a wolf might have wanted to push this point and drive clap and me from the villagers. Perhaps some had doubts, even though clap and I gave the same story, but when you publicly stated that claphamsa and I met, you gave the players information that they would not normally have available to them.

This is what I was most angry at myself about, but as soon as I'd posted it there was nothing I could do about it. I revealed information a couple of times.. nothing too crucial, but I would have liked to avoid it. Again, because the game was so complicated and this was my first experience with a non-basic game, I had a few missteps. Shouldn't happen again.

Next time I run a game I'd be willing to do a sequel to this one - now that I've run it I could build and manage it even better, but I'll give people the option for this or something else as I know not everyone enjoyed it.

Thanks for playin'.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote