View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 12:46 PM   #115
Calis
College Starter

So in smaller-time MMA news. Kimbo Slice had his debut against Ray Mercer last night. I didn't see it, but reading about it made it seem like Kimbo handled him pretty easily and won it with a believe it or not. Submission! I guess he's been training with Bas Rutten quite a bit lately.

I did however watch the Frank Shamrock vs. Phil Baroni match. This one was pretty brutal. Baroni took a beating the first round. I mean, it wasn't close. It was brutal, and Shamrock just toyed with him. Laughing, taunting, giving him illegal hits to the back of the head..typical Shamrock stuff. One of the worst rounds I've ever seen where the fighter didn't actually lose the fight. Baroni looked like he hurt Shamrock in the 2nd round with a body shot, maybe broke a rib? He was done though from the earlier hits and his usual outstanding cardio. Shamrock looked very good standing though, I was impressed. I'd still like to see Frank settle things with UFC and come back sometime. He's the perfect villain for UFC, and still a pretty damn solid fighter. I don't think he wants to fight any top competition though, but maybe I'm wrong.

The next UFC card has me really excited. We get to see Big Nog finally make his debut which I'm excited about. I think Big Nog can really do well here. Without Fedor in his way he's the Champ. I think Evans vs. Ortiz will be a pretty good match-up as well. Franca and Sherk should be fun, and I wouldn't count out Marquardt against Silva. Some great fights lined up.

It's looking more and more now like Pride is dead all together which is sad. They haven't done anything about new cards and look like they don't plan to. That's too bad.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote