View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 09:39 PM   #128
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carman Bulldog View Post
Yes, Griffin will die against Rua. It will be interesting to see how many fights they will put Rua through until he gets a title shot. I think Ortiz could be a decent gatekeeper fight (from a marketing perspective) although I think Tito is smart enough not to take it. Rashad could be another option. I don't really see them throwing him against a guy like Liddell though.

I really think if(I'd say when, but God knows anymore with how things are going this year) Shogun beats Forrest he will get the shot next fight. He's pretty much widely acknowledged as the best LHW in the world, and if it's Jackson he's facing there's already the history there for a fight, with Hendo it'd be a little more difficult to draw with but still pretty easily doable. Then if we see for instance Chuck/Wandy or Chuck whoever that'll be for the next title shot.

I don't think it'd be a reach at all for Shogun to get the fight after his first if he looks comfortable in the octagon. I don't see a better fight option for him either.

Vera versus Sylvia will be a pretty interesting fight. It'll be Vera's toughest fight yet, but he will hopefully give Sylvia fits with his quickness. If Vera pushes the pace I think he can take this one easily, but if he gets stuck outside with that jab of Sylvia's he'll be in for a long night. It sure looks like the UFC is trying to push Sylvia down the pecking order, and I'm all for that. Terrible champ, and absolutely no drawing power.

I'd like to see Randy/Nog for the next HW title fight. I think that's a fight that'd be a war, and probably go the distance. That one interests me more than Cro Cop/Randy.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote