View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 04:59 PM   #147
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

NEW YORK, NY, October 25, 2007 - Spike TV, a division of MTV Networks, and the Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC®) organization have agreed to a new, three-year extension of their strategic partnership, it was announced jointly today by Kevin Kay, President, Spike TV and Dana White, President, Zuffa, LLC d/b/a Ultimate Fighting Championship. The deal maintains Spike TV as the basic cable home to the UFC, the premiere brand in mixed martial arts, the fastest growing sport in America, through 2011.

The main components of the deal are:

• Seasons 9 through 12 of the highly successful reality series, “The Ultimate Fighter®.” The first five seasons of “The Ultimate Fighter” on Spike TV were seen by 93 million viewers. *

• 12 live fight cards, “UFC® Fight Nights™,” hosted by Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg. Spike TV will telecast four per year.

• Two seasons of a new, weekly live fight series (details to be announced at a later date).

• 39 one-hour episodes of “UFC® Unleashed™,” hosted by Mike Goldberg, featuring the greatest fights in the history of the Ultimate Fighting Championship, many of them never seen before on basic cable. Spike TV will run 13 per year in ‘09, ’10, and ’11.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=8406

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-25-2007 at 05:00 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote