View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 05:06 PM   #150
Calis
College Starter

Been a while since we've had any updates on here and there's been some big news and such lately.

We've got GSP versus Hughes now on the 29th of December since Serra has been injured. I didn't expect that to be the replacement, and I'm pretty excited. A much more interesting fight to me, but I just don't see Hughes winning it. I wouldn't be shocked though, but he'll have to bring in a much different gameplan than he did last time.

Sean Sherk lost his appeal today on the steroids deal, but he did get the sentence reduced to 6 months, which started from when he was suspended so he's off suspension in January. Worked out well for him, as even if it had got overturned he'd still be waiting for the winner of Penn/Stevenson.

Fedor is going to fight on New Year's Eve. Early rumors were Hong Man Choi, but now it's kind of wishy washy on who he is fighting. Good to see him back even if it is a can. I can handle a can and then have him face Barnett ASAP. That New Year's Eve card that's M-1 Global is having is pretty damn stacked overall. Shinya Aoki, Mitsuhiro Ishida, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Gilbert Melendez, Mach Sakurai, Hidehiko Hasegawa, Ricardo Arona, Kazuo Misaki, Joachim Hansen and Luiz Azeredo are some of the names I've heard mentioned for it. They've even signed the screaming announcer lady from Pride which I'm pumped about. She was awesome. This is the closest we'll get to an actual Pride show.

Lets see, Sokoudjou has signed with UFC and is fighting on the Dec 29th card against Machida, so this is a pretty big fight and will propel one of those guys to the top. This fight, the WW title fight, and The Silva/Liddell match shapes up the next UFC as one of the best in a while.

This weekend we have Guida vs. Huerta which should be a pretty good fight. Two high energy guys, and Huerta finally getting a real test. It'll be interesting to see how he handles it, Guida will be a handful.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote