View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #499
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
This is the Burger King of RPGs, your way is the right way. I would say you need to consider a concept but you can dabble in everything.

I started off Khajit, and I went for a Destruction background but I managed to nab a pretty cool two handed weapon early on, but over time, I wanted to use magic more, so I went to one handed, but I'm also a rogue (sneak is the other skill I'm heavily invested in, I'm around 60 right now), so I need to invest in light armor (yet I do have a decent heavy armor skill)...around level 10 or so, I decided to commit to bows for sneak attacks (the 3x sneak attack bonus is nice). Dabble in Alteration and Restoration (restore health) and have played around with Alchemy (I've been grabbing items and munching them to see what they do)...bought a house and have an alchemy lab setup so I'll be working on some potions. I liked the smithing but just haven't really done much with it.

I need to upgrade my lockpicking skills, but I was able to open adept locks at around 30 lockpicking skill, you just need patience.

I don't think you'd have as much fun being a pure class, I think this game you are meant to adapt to what you find (I like axes, not much for swords, so if I do upgrade one handed skills it'll probably be for axes).

That's what makes this game so much fun. I'm already at around level 19 I think and I've barely scratched the surface.

AWESOME! I agree! I don't like class based systems as much because it's like...it's so easy to "choose wrong" as in choose something you end up not liking and don't realize it until awy down the road. And the alternative is to make a ton of characters right off the bat and finally choose the one you like which wastes time.

skill-based RPG > class-based RPG in many many ways.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote