Old 08-26-2021, 12:27 PM   #4
JeeberD
General Manager

4:30am - Thursday, 8/26/21
78 degrees, 83% humidity, 2 mph winds

Workout #3 of the week
Workout #8 of the camp
Workout #332 total

Thursday is a weight day, so I brought my 20# and 25# dumbbells. We did the typical warm-up exercises and jog. After that, we did:

6 weighted squats
6 shoulder presses
6 flys

8 weighted squats
8 shoulder presses
8 flys

10 weighted squats
10 shoulder presses
10 flys

After completing those, we took our weights and did weighted walking lunges for about 30 yards. We then did walking lunges to exhaustion around the quarter-mile loop, and once exhausted we ran the rest of the loop. Picked the weights back up and did a farmer's carry to our mats. Rinse and repeat until we were told to stop.

The next round was very similar, except that it was:

6 weighted tricep extensions
6 chest press
6 leg drops while holding weights up

Then do them 8 reps, then 10 reps.

The travel exercise was weighted bear crawls this time for 30 yards, then bear crawls to exhaustion and then run the rest of the loop. Repeat until time is called.

That was it for today. It was a good workout, and I ended up nice and sweaty and out of breath with tired muscles. One of the campers, who is the mother of the trainer, celebrated her 1400th workout this morning! I'm so far behind that, but I'm going to celebrate that my 8th workout this camp is the most I've done in a camp for over two years, since June 2019.

I almost skipped it this morning when I woke up with low back pain/tighness. But I dragged myself out of bed, got there early enough to do some good stretching, and took it slow until my back loosened up. I probably would have skipped the workout the majority of the time in the past, so good progress in pushing myself without going all-out and risking additional injury.

That's it for Peak Week for me. Next week will be Community Week, where camps are only held Mon-Wed. I'll go Monday and Tuesday, and get up to 10 workouts this month before taking it easy the rest of the week.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote