View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 08:58 PM   #27
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm undecided yet about conference situation. The Southland and the Great West are the only ones that make even remote sense, but the Southland's not any better, and I hate the two division setup. The Great West has no NCAA auto bid.

What I'm probably going to do is wipe out the 2 divisions in all the conferences and have everything single division. There's a 14 team single division Atlantic 10 and a 16 team Big East, so that would work. Of course, I'm also tempted to break up some of those giant conferences, and engage in some wholesale conference realignment. The default setup is out of order from IRL anyway.

I don't think the readers would stop if I reworked the conference setups, so I'm leaning towards doing it anyway, and capping out the conferences at say, 12 teams each. Maybe even start a new conference, and dump the independents altogether in terms of anyone being such.

While I'm thinking this over...

Code:
2015 Recruiting Rankings # Team Conference Best Player Rtg 5* 4* 3* 2* 1* -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 103. Sacramento State Big Sky SG Konrad Höllgruber *** 0 0 2 1 0 189. Portland State Big Sky SG Joshua Beaumont *** 0 0 2 0 2 211. Northern Arizona Big Sky SG Harold Green *** 0 0 1 1 1 256. Eastern Washington Big Sky C Jeffrey Grimes ** 0 0 0 1 2 266. Montana State Big Sky SG Kelvin Watson ** 0 0 0 2 2 279. Weber State Big Sky C Chris Hemphill ** 0 0 0 1 2 289. Montana Big Sky PG John Kaufman ** 0 0 0 1 3 309. Northern Colorado Big Sky PF Anthony Cosby * 0 0 0 0 4 345. Idaho State Big Sky C Richard Nevels * 0 0 0 0 3

Damned close to a Top 100 recruiting class. Wow.

Bernie Rhinehart was Orange/Blue when we recruited him, but he comes is as Red/Green, and the athleticism was a *complete lie*, as were most of his potentials. Basically, he's a bust, and a 6'0 wing. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with him now.

Konrad Hollgruber has a far greater floor general game than we anticipated, and he's probably our starting point guard. In fact, he's much more polished overall than I expected, except his perimeter defense was a god damned lie, and his potentials were wrong as well.

Brenton Barros checked in at Red/Orange in the initial scout, but now that he's come to campus, he's a Red/Yellow. Those great potentials a lie of course, like everyone else, but he's a better floor general than we thought, though not hugely so like in Hollgruber's case. And like Hollgruber, some key current ratings were lower than expected

Still, I'm thinking we're going to go with a Barros/Hollgruber backcourt, as both are clearly better than Ned Lebeau. Or is it better to have Hollgruber as the PG and have Barros come off the bench? No... Barros is our best perimeter defender.

Hmm. Maybe we'll try a three guard lineup with Rhinehart at the 3. I know it sounds like heresy with Dominic Remy on the roster, but Rhinehart looks far more talent on paper. Or maybe Rhinehart at the 2 and Hollgruber at the 3? That probably won't work... Hollgruber's post defense is complete ass.

So many choices to make!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote